A delicious summer salad with Israeli couscous, artichokes, roasted tomatoes, tuna and basil.
Lemon and chive dressing
- Lemon chive dressing
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint multicoloured cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1⁄2 cups uncooked Israeli couscous
- 1 5-oz jar chunk Italian tuna in olive oil
- 1 18-oz jar large butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quartered fire-roasted marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 9 oz halloumi, cut into 6 pieces
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the lemon chive dressing; set aside.
3 Cut the tomatoes in half and lay them, cut sides up, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the tomatoes are a little wrinkly but still moist. Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheet.
4 Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium heat; add the garlic and cook until just sizzling.
5 Add the Israeli couscous and stir to coat in the garlic oil. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring, until lightly toasted and then add 2 cups cold water. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender. Remove from the heat, stirring to fluff.
7 Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill the halloumi slices for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden. Serve the Israeli couscous salad warm, topped with the grilled halloumi.
Serves 4 to 6.