Zucchini, feta cheese and sweet corn kernels fresh off the cob share the spotlight in this summer-perfect salad.
- 1 each: green and yellow zucchini
- 4 zucchini blossoms, optional
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cob sweet corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme
- 1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1 Thai chili pepper, finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave long ribbon strips from both zucchinis, discarding the centre core of each. Lay the strips on a large plate. Chop the blossoms into fine strips and sprinkle them and the onion slices over the zucchini ribbons. Holding the corn cob upright, slice along the cob with a sharp knife to remove the kernels a few rows at a time. Sprinkle the fresh kernels over the salad. Sprinkle the salad with the feta, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon thyme, sea salt, chili, lemon zest and juice. Toss gently and serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes